Capitol Impact and The James Irvine Foundation are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of information transmitted via this website. This includes information transmitted when users:
- Apply for the Leadership Awards
- Subscribe to the Leadership Awards newsletter or other publications
- Subscribe to the Irvine Foundation’s newsletter or other publications
- Send messages, forms, or other information via email or our website
We are sensitive to the concerns you may have about releasing information to us. We hope that, after reading this notice, you will understand our commitment to privacy and be confident that we intend to use your information responsibly.
1. What information is collected and how is the information used?
We collect information from you to process grant applications and to provide you with information about the Leadership Awards and the Irvine Foundation. Following are the types of information we collect:
Personal information, which includes information such as:
- Your name
- The name of the organization you represent
- Your business address
- Your e-mail address
We use this data to deliver news, information, and surveys to you. This information helps us as we develop content for our website and other Web services. You are not required to submit this information to us; however, this information might be required to use all of our website features.
Non-personally identifiable information provided by your computer, which includes information such as:
- Internet protocol (“IP”) address
- Name of your internet service provider
- The version and name of the web browser you are using
- Your geographical location
Your Web browser transmits this data when requesting Web pages, but it is not sufficient to contact you. For example, this information does not include your e-mail address or your phone number. This information, however, does give us general information about our website users and their preferences. We use this information to provide better service to you and to future users of this website.
2. Is this information shared with others?
We do not sell or disclose personal information to third parties, other than to service providers who use the information only to help respond to your requests. We do not disclose information to third party advertisers. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information (such as total number of Web page “hits,” total unique “hits,” or total number of newsletter subscribers) to selected audiences, such as the Irvine Foundation’s Board of Directors or other philanthropic service organizations. This aggregated information cannot be matched to you personally.
We may disclose user information if required or permitted to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with legal processes served on Capitol Impact or the Irvine Foundation or otherwise comply with the law
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Capitol Impact or the Irvine Foundation or the users of this website
- Act to protect the personal safety of Capitol Impact or the Irvine Foundation or its employees, users of the website, or a member of the public
3. More about our information security
We take reasonable steps to protect the user information that is released to us. However, we cannot guarantee that data will be completely secure from either misappropriation or computer hardware, software, or telecommunications network failure. No data transmitted over the Internet can be 100 percent secure. Therefore, you provide us with this data at your own risk.
Users may submit grant applications electronically through our grantee portal, which is built on Amazon cloud and Salesforce architecture. We rely upon the Salesforce privacy statement. We make every effort to keep confidential the information you submit to us. Our staff members are required to protect the confidentiality of information submitted to us, and Salesforce further protects the security of the servers on which the information is stored.
4. Does the Irvine website collect cookies or have any connection with third-party sites?
We connect to Google Analytics, and to Facebook and Twitter for social media advertisement purposes. Our website collects cookies and records only a generic notice of your visit to our site, which means you may see an advertisement on Facebook or Twitter from us after visiting our website. Cookies are only used by these third parties to present you with these ads. If you would like to opt-out of Facebook remarketing, please click here. If you would like to opt-out of Twitter remarketing, please click here.
Our website is a service provided by Capitol Impact and the Irvine Foundation, and this privacy statement addresses only activities connected with our servers. Other sites, including those that we may link to and third-party sites or services that we co-brand, may have their own privacy policies.
5. Who do I contact at the Foundation regarding the privacy of your information?
If you have questions or comments about the privacy of your information, or if you believe Capitol Impact or the Irvine Foundation has not adhered to this privacy statement, please contact us at Hello@IrvineAwards.org or 833.850.0143.